St. Peter Barn Sale
Barn Sale Shoppers
Save the date
Saturday, Sept. 20 (8AM - 3PM)
Sunday, Sept. 21, (9AM - 2PM)
Kane County Fairgrounds, Rte. 38 & Randall Rd.
Entrance 1 block west of Randall Rd, on Rte. 38
|antiques & Collectibles||baby items||books & music|
|china and glassware||clothing & shoes||computers|
|country market||electronics||large appliances|
|furniture||home décor||housewares & appliances|
|seasonal décor||sporting goods & bikes||tools & hardware|
Donation Pick-Ups Are Not Yet Being Scheduled.
Check back in late January to see when we are starting our Schedule a Saturday morning pick ups for furniture and large items.
Barn Sale Hotline will not be operating until March, 2014. Call after that date. 630-232-0124 ext. 310
Donations Not Yet Being Accepted for 2014
Once we set a date for donation drop offs, you can come at any time, 24 hours a day, northwest end of St. Peter Church parking lot
1891 Kaneville Rd, Geneva IL
drop off door, right side of bus barn
DO NOT place items outside the building or near the Barn Sale truck.
Volunteers available to accept donations Saturday mornings.
Please do not donate items that are broken and need to be thrown away (see list below of items not accepted). The more items we have to throw away the more we have to pay for trash removal. Any item you donate should:
- Have all pieces/parts (unless it is an antique item)
- Be in working condition (especially electronics and appliances)
- All batteries removed
- Not be broken or damaged (e.g. leg/arm cracked off)
- Be free of mildew, mold, and pet odor
- Be free of significant stains, tears, rips, or threadbare fabric
- Be an item you would be comfortable donating for someone to use in their home, basement, college dorm, etc.
We will NOT accept the following items:
- Pianos, organs
- Batteries / Paint / Chemicals
- Broken / Rusted Items
- Bulk Boxes of Mixed Hardware
- Baby Cribs (unless new)
- Computer CRT monitors (only flat screen)
- Inkjet printers unless new
- Console Stereos / Entertainment Units
- T.V.'s unless they are flat screen
- Commercial Racks or Shelving
- Counters / Display Cases
- Encyclopedias / Desk Reference / Magazines / Text books
- Large Metal Desks
- Particle Board Furniture
- Refrigerators / Freezers / Dehumidifiers
- Sofa Sleepers / Water Beds / Mattresses Box Springs
- Curtain Rods / Shades / Blinds
Donation receipts can be obtained through the attached document, click here.
The Barn Sale is one of the largest rummage sales events in the area.In its 35th consecutive year of operation. The sale is rotated among local Catholic parishes in the area to benefit people in need and build a sense of community outreach. Proceeds from the sale are used to pay down our parish debt.
We need several hundred volunteers to make the Barn Sale a success, that means we need YOU! Many hands make light work.
This is a wonderful project for clubs/service organizations and for those looking for community service hours.
We need Volunteers ...
- Every Saturday morning April through August. Come once or come every time. Come for an hour or stay all morning!
- September 13 through the 19, to prepare for the sale
- September 20 and 21, the sale dates.
Please send an email to email@example.com
or call the parish center at (630) 232-0124 ext. 310
Thank you for your support of the St. Peter Barn Sale!